hello every one. i hope you have installed django. now we are going to make a web application using django.
1. make some space:
to create a web application, you need some space. make a directory of your choice. (i made /home/faysal/web-app/ for my application) now open command prompt (or terminal) and go to your project folder.
2. creating project:
i hope you installed django properly, or the following will not work.
when you are inside your project folder via command prompt, type,
django-admin.py startproject django1
this will create a sub directory under your project folder called django1, go and spend some time to see what inside that directory. now there are some files –
* __init__.py: An empty file that tells Python that this directory should be considered a Python package. (Read more about packages in the official Python docs if you’re a Python beginner.)
* manage.py: A command-line utility that lets you interact with this Django project in various ways. You can read all the details about manage.py in django-admin.py and manage.py.
* settings.py: Settings/configuration for this Django project. Django settings will tell you all about how settings work.
* urls.py: The URL declarations for this Django project; a “table of contents” of your Django-powered site. You can read more about URLs in URL dispatcher.
3. lets make the server running:
if all are ok….. then inside the directory, type
python manage.py runserver
now open your web browser and go to the following url: